- 1 (24-ounce) bone-in ribeye steak, 2-inch-thick, at room temperature
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry; season generously with 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium high heat until very hot, about 1-2 minutes; add canola oil.
- Place the steak in the middle of the skillet and cook, turning every 2-3 minutes, until a dark crust has formed on both sides, about 12-14 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Push steak to one side of the skillet; add butter, garlic, thyme and rosemary to opposite side of the skillet, tilting the skillet towards the butter and cooking until butter is foaming, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Working carefully, spoon butter over steak for 1-2 minutes, turning over once, until it reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees F for medium rare, or until desired doneness. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve immediately.
- Remove steaks from the fridge at least 45 minutes before cooking.
- Just before cooking, rub steaks with olive oil and generously season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Preheat a large cast-iron pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and cook 2 minutes per side to brown
- Place the pan in the oven and roast 11-14 minutes or until steak reaches desired temperature.
- Immediately remove steaks from the pan and place on a plate to rest. Top steaks with a pat of butter, loosely tent with foil.
- Rest steaks 5-10 minutes before serving.
Cook times provided are approximate for a 1″ steak and will vary based on steak thickness and temperature.Remove steaks from the heat about 5° before it reaches the desired temperature as the temperature will continue to rise. The FDA recommends a minimum temperature of 145°F with a 3-minute rest.
- Rare: 125°F
- Medium-Rare: 135°F
- Medium: 145°F
- Medium Well: 155°F
- Well: 160°F
Rest steaks 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Pat steak dry
- Add salt and pepper
- Brush oil
- Place steak on pre-heated skillet (in oven set to 450F)
- Medium heat for 3-4 min. on first side
- Turn over and add garlic and rosemary and place in oven after 6-7 min. (internal temp of 150F)
- Cook on stovetop and add butter, pour butter over steak
- Let rest for 5-10 min.
Set oven to 450 F – both to preheat the cast iron and to cook the steak after the sear Talk about “upper crust” cooking — this classic pan-seared ribeye steak recipe results in a juicy, tender steak with a super flavorful crust. You don’t need a grill to get a great sear on your favorite steak. Grab your cast iron skillet and create a mouthwatering steak that will have your taste buds tingling. Here’s how!
Get the recipe: https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/re…
Learn more about the Ribeye here: https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/cu…
- 1 (16-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® ribeye steak
- LE CREUSET cast iron signature skillet
- 1 teaspoon peanut or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3-4 thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, partially crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
Note: This technique creates a great mouth-watering charred steak using a very hot skillet while emitting a great deal of smoke. Be prepared with pot holders and proper ventilation.