Red sangria is a sweet cocktail made from an infusion of Spanish red wine and fresh fruit.
We don’t use brandy or other licor. Only fresh fruit : usually, 2 oranges, 2 peaches , (made it really delicious, 1lemon… red wine(2 lit.) , and soda, or lemon soda.(1 lit.), 2 spoons of brown sugar or other sweetener and 1 spoon cinnamon powder, it make it so tasty. The ice we put directly in the jar where you made the mixture.
- Switch up the wines: Red wine is classic, but if you’re a fan of white wine or moscato, either of those options work great.
- Use a different liquor: If you’re not crazy about brandy, try an orange liqueur such as Triple Sec or Cointreau.
- Have fun with different fruits: Don’t limit yourself to just apples, oranges, and lemon. Whatever you have on hand, use it! A few delicious options could be berries, peaches, pineapple, mango, kiwi, and so much more.
- Add in herbs or ginger: Mix in slices of fresh ginger, a cinnamon stick or sprigs of mint or rosemary. This will add a slight kick and depth of flavor to your sangria.
MOSCATO SANGRIA INGREDIENTS
All you need for this cocktail are fruits, wine, liquor, and sparkling water. Here’s the rundown.
- Orange: Feel free to use any type of orange, but I chose a blood orange for its rich color and raspberry-like flavor.
- Berries: A combination of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
- Moscato Wine: All Moscato wine works, whether it be white or rosé .
- Fruity Liquor: I love Chambord as it has a black raspberry flavor that pairs well with the rest of the berries. But you can use any type of fruity liquor.
- Sparkling Water: I’m using S.Pellegrino, but any fruity sparkling water works great, even La Croix.