- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 ½ tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- Step 1 In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, parsley and butter or margarine. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Step 2 Add the flour, stirring well, to make a pasty mixture. Whisk in the milk and the broth. Add the corn and the cream cheese and allow to heat through. Add the garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Stir together and serve.
- 2 cans of cream corn
- 15 ounces of chicken broth
- 2-3 eggs (beaten) this is to taste
- 3 slices of bacon
- puff pastry sheet
- 1 tablespoons of cornstarch (if you wish for a thicker soup use more)
- 1/4 cups of cold water
- frozen mixed vegetables (can use just corn but I prefer different vegetables to add color, add to taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Start by cooking the bacon in a pan. When crispy chop into tiny pieces, save this on the side for later.
In a small pot put the canned corn and chicken broth in and heat over medium heat. Stir occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom and burn.
Using the cold water add the corn starch into it mix thoroughly. Then slowly add the corn starch mixture into the small pot. Add a little at a time, this will ensure the soup isn’t too thick.
Now add in the bacon, and then add in the beaten egg stirring the whole time so it separates throughout the soup.
Pour the soup into a bowl of your choice. Take the sheet of puff pastry and cut a square that is big enough to full cover the bowl and over the edges. Press the pastry around the edges and poke a hole in the middle with a toothpick. Cook in oven based off puff pastry instructions.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 3 whole bell peppers, finely diced (red, yellow, orange)
- 5 ears corn, kernels sliced off
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 heaping cup grated Monterey Jack
- 1 heaping cup grated pepper Jack
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 bread bowls, hollowed out
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the bacon and cook for another minute or so, and then add the bell peppers and cook for a couple of minutes. Finally, add the corn and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the top and stir to combine. Pour in the chicken stock and stir well. Allow this to thicken for 3 or 4 minutes, and then reduce the heat to low. Stir in the half-and-half, and then cover and allow to simmer and thicken for 15 minutes or so.
- Stir in the cheeses and green onions. When the cheese is melted and the soup is hot, check seasonings. Add salt and pepper as needed. Ladle into the bread bowls and serve immediately.