Tomato Bisque is super silky smooth version of the classic tomato soup we all love with a finishing touch of heavy cream in less than an hour and no babysitting the pot!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat and cook the onion, celery, salt, pepper, cayenne and basil for about 5-6 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the garlic and stir an additional 45 seconds before adding in the broth, tomatoes and sugar.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes before blending until perfectly smooth with an immersion blender.
- Add in the heavy cream, mix well and serve using more heavy cream and parsley as garnishes.