- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin*
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Chinese black bean sauce optional
*Mirin is a type of sweetened wine made by fermenting glutinous rice with rice malt and mixing it with alcohol. Often used in place of sugar due to the light sweetness it imparts, it is usually added to dishes that are cooked and allowed to simmer.
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- Combine all garlic sauce ingredients in a small bowl or mason jar. Mix well to incorporate.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together to form a slurry.
- Stir-fry whatever vegetable you are using. When just about done add the garlic sauce and cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch-water slurry and bring to a quick boil. Turn off the heat and serve.